Tone and I decided to enter an advert (picture on its way) in the local paper. It read something like this: "20 'units' of firewood and 15 (some kind of) birds for free if you pick it up yourself. Call ... any time of day." I have to add that firewood is a pretty popular commodity here in Norway as winter is closing in.
He was reluctant in admitting that he had got any calls, but by lunch it turned out:
- He had got a 3-digit number of calls and messages.
- Some of the messages left no doubt that the interest was pretty high!
- The first batch of calls startet at 6AM!
- Rasmus had been at work till 12PM the night before.
- He switched his cellphone off and, of course, overslept because he uses it as an alarmclock.
- By the end of the day the phone was pretty much out of power eventhough he stopped answering it..
He did get his revenge though; he told us that he had instructed a bunch of the callers to show up at my place and at Tones place after work! He managed to convince me to drive with him to my place after work "to observe at a distance". At this time my greatest concern was my neighbours firewood supply at the other end of the house :-O. As we got closer he did not stop, but drove straight by a car parked outside my house (that I have never seen there before) and as he stoped and started rolling down his window he told me it was all a joke! :-D
He got me good, I must admit, but that didn't stop us from keeping up the joke with Tone who was in Trondheim at the time :-) It turned out she had called home to warn her husband and the people that rents a flat under their house (who had just bought a load of firewood!).
All-in-all a pretty good prank, and today people have continued calling for the firewood...