lørdag, desember 31, 2005
fredag, desember 30, 2005
Anywho... I was waiting at the airport the other day and in front of me there was this weird character: he looked like he might be in his 60's, scrubby-looking fellow with crisp grey pretty long hair with curls (imagine a evil scientist from a Disney flick). Now, the thing that caught my attention was that he was wearing short marineblue wellingtons (rain-boots). This was in the middle of winter, it had not rained for a long time because of the temperature and all. What was he thinking that morning as he had finished his coffee, was getting ready to leave for the airport? "Hmmm, looks like it might rain, better be prepared!". There was absolutely no indication that there might be rain that day, or any day before spring at all!
And here is the other thing that really got me wondering: he had no luggage - except from a white plastic bag (which I later realized contained two candybars and two diet-cokes) and, now get this, TWO IDENTICAL UMBRELLAS!!
So he had wellingtons and two identical umbrellas, but he was wearing a 80's "bubble-jacket" that can't possibly resist any water.
After running the story by a few friends, a co-worker and S's sister both claimed drenching a unfortunate shirt in white wine would be the solution. I love this kind of cartoon-logic! Nothing has made me laugh more than this in a long time - this is Karl Pilkington-material! It's like "what's the opposite of red wine .. white wine!". So what would rosé wine do - only partially clean it? This is a theory you would find scribbled in a diary of a madman, next to drawings of women with knives in their faces, found on the corpse after he commited suicide trying to hold up a stamp-collectors shop just after it changed ownership with a travel agency!
Me and J actually did our bachelors degree assignment with Funcom doing some research on speech-recognition for use in narration in computer games. As I have a special interest in computer games and graphics programming it was a really good experience. I would absolutely want to look into that line of work later in my career, but what I gathered was that 1)the technology is way too old for my liking (I am not holding my breath to see a AAA-title in .Net!), 2) it is not all fun and games, it is business like everything else 3) the pay suXXX0rz at entry-level.
1. Find an actual authentic treasure. We are talking gold, diamonds, scepters and the whole shabang! Some myrra (or whatever it is called in english, you know, like the 3 wise men supposedly brought for the baby-shower) would be cool, just to be able to say I have some of it laying around.
2. Get advice from a dying man.
3. Either a) get a pet monkey that could do various mundane tasks for me or b) get a coat that has a prop-parakeet on the right-hand shoulder so I look like a pirate.
Do you have a list?
torsdag, desember 29, 2005
Pizza is on it's way from Dolly's as we speak :D
onsdag, desember 28, 2005
fredag, desember 23, 2005
søndag, desember 18, 2005
søndag, desember 11, 2005
Vår egen makt er intet verd, snart fikk vi banesåret. Men én går frem i denne ferd, som Herren selv har kåret. Vil du hans navn få visst?Han heter Jesus, Krist-faderi-og-faderullandei!,den høvding for Guds hær,i ham kun frelse er.Han marken skal beholde!
Om verden full av djevler varsom ville oss oppsluke,vi frykter ei, vi med oss harden som Guds sverd kan bruke, bruke-faderi-og-faderullandei, bruke-faderi-og-faderullandei!
tirsdag, november 08, 2005
Are you fucking kidding me?! Whoever made this must have been a colorblind intern who just got sacked or something. This has got to be the single most nauseating combination of colors since Andy Warhol..
mandag, november 07, 2005
Any rap songs?Just talking—that kind of song? I haven’t come across it yet.
I don’t know whether I can sing it well. But I would very much to try if I got a
Gonna try and get hold of more than the few samples!
søndag, november 06, 2005
lørdag, oktober 29, 2005
fredag, oktober 28, 2005
Later tonight I'll pop by an event for the members in the local jazz club I am on the board of. We'll play some old records, chat, eat and drink.
Then later there is a jazz concert which I don't know too much of, but I bet it'll be good!
Tomorrom is the big day: I got massive response when I asked if anyone wanted to join me and some friends on a Kaizers Orchestra concert Saturday - so we are like 12-13 ppl just from work and many more ppl either of my friends or some of the others. We'll do a quick vorspiel at Rasmus' place to get in the mood and then venture out at about 23:00.
Looking forward to it! (Guess I'll have to record Beat for Beat/Lyrics board
Some pics for last time I saw Kaizers at a MSDN Live kickoff:
(will fix this later on)
Update1: Leaving in 10 minutes, here is the last setlists: http://www.drmowinckel.com/setlister.php?tid=24&vis=
This is gonna rock!
torsdag, oktober 27, 2005
Jeg skulle se hvem som var gjester på Letterman Show ikveld og fant denne fiffige beskrivelsen:
(Late Show with David Letterman) Amerikansk talkshow med David Letterman og gjester fra studio i New York. De mest ettertraktede stjernene innen film, TV, teater, musikk, politikk og sport lar seg intervjue av den populære talkshow-verten. Det arbeides for fullt i FN for å unngå at den kritiske situasjonen i Kongo skal utvikle seg til en ny Rwanda-katastrofe. Vi følger prosessen i de innerste kretsene, og i felten med FNs fredsbevarende styrker.
Jeg foretrekker det gamle formatet ;-)
Det viste seg å være Madonna og to hester - bra episode!
fredag, oktober 14, 2005
One of the reasons I started writing on this blog was that I have a tendency to write down scribblings on anything and anywhere I happen to find suitable. That includes my body.
One thing that I don't to, however, is get tatoos - no particular reason, I just don't.
If I ever would have a tatoo, it would be an empty post-it note so that I would know what place of my body I wrote my last "remember" note!
On this issue, check out:
tirsdag, oktober 11, 2005
Check it out, Jaran successfully managed to convert his k750i to a w800i by replacing the firmware. Now maybe we can even convince him to write up a tutorial.. ;-)
Don't want to sound like a partypooper, but I still think the w800i looks über-sweeter than the dull k750i.. :-D
fredag, oktober 07, 2005
The news is (norwegian):
Rockstar annonserte nemlig i dag at det vil bli multiplayer i spillet via
WiFi. Det blir syv forskjellige moduser,som opptil 6 spillere kan delta i, med 60 forskjellige karakterer å velge mellom (man starter med 9, og får flere etter hvert) . Les mer for info rundt de tre kjente modusene.
Get Stretch - En modus som fungerer som capture the flag, bare at flagget er en stretch limo, kjent fra GTA-spillene. Det er to lag, og hvert lag skal prøve å stjele det andre lagets stretch, og kjøre den tilbake til sin egen base uten at motstanderene stjeler deres.
Protection Racket - To lag mot hverandre, det ene laget skal forsvare en base, mens det andre skal angripe basen. Angriperene skal ødelegge fire strecher før tiden går ut. Når de har klart det, byttes rollene, og de nye angriperene skal prøve å slå den gamle tiden.
Liberty City Survivor - God gammel deathmatch. Alle mot alle eller et lag mot et annet, om å gjøre å drepe mest.
onsdag, oktober 05, 2005
Here's the lineup for the launch of Xbox 360:
I've picked out a few items I think look good:
- "Saint's Row" (THQ Inc.). Under threat from rival gangs and corrupt officials, the 3rd Street Saints must conquer the city of Stilwater or face destruction. From the spectacular opening battle to regain control of the local hood, "Saint's Row" offers an unparallel level of freedom to explore this living, breathing city. Players are free to engage in the multitude of different activates at their leisure, all while building up respect in a gameplay-rich world. Build enough respect and the 3rd Street Saint's lieutenants will trust the player with more dangerous missions.Mass Effect Crackdown
- "Gears of War" (MGS-Epic Games Inc.). Blending the best of tactical action games with the best of survival horror titles, "Gears of War" is the first game developed by Epic Games exclusively for Microsoft Game Studios and Xbox 360. "Gears of War" thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing story of humankind's epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet.
- "Mass Effect" (MGS-BioWare Corp.). Set 200 years in the future in an epic universe, "Mass Effect" places gamers in a vast galactic community in danger of being conquered by a legendary agent gone rogue. A spectacular new vision from legendary developers BioWare, "Mass Effect" challenges players to lead a squad of freedom fighters as they struggle against threatening armies to restore peace in the land. "Mass Effect" is the first in a trilogy of games with an overarching story, where the real conflict between organic beings and artificial intelligence comes to life in startling clarity.
- "Crackdown" (MGS-Real Time Worlds). "Crackdown" pushes the action-driving hybrid genre into the next generation with the introduction of the first truly 3-D persistent playground, highly innovative cooperative gameplay, and an extensive prop interaction system all while taking place in a massive and highly stylized urban center. All strategies and tactics are acceptable provided players clean up the streets. Players roam a virtual city built to encourage and allow the full width, depth and height of the space to be explored and exploited. "Crackdown" will offer free-form gameplay, over-the-top action, and, for the first time in this genre, online cooperative play.
- "Castle Wolfenstein" (id Software). id Software's newest chapter in the legendary "Wolfenstein" series will deliver players deep behind the enemy lines of a war-torn Germany, where Nazi experiments with technology and the supernatural threaten to turn the tide of World War II. Utilizing a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next-generation hardware, this new "Wolfenstein" experience will draw players into a world of unmatched exploration, action and espionage.
- "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4" (Ubisoft Entertainment). "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4" will thrust players into a new breed of gameplay that promises to innovate and revolutionize the "Splinter Cell" franchise. Ubisoft is taking the saga of Sam Fisher into entirely new territory, expanding the story and depth of his character.
- "Quake 4" (Activision, id Software and Raven Software Corp.) is the sequel to the award-winning and historic "Quake II." In a war for Earth's survival, against an unrelenting enemy, the only way to defeat them is to become one of them. Built on id Software's revolutionary "Doom 3" technology, "Quake 4" also features fast- paced multiplayer competition modeled after the speed, feel and style of "Quake III Arena."
tirsdag, oktober 04, 2005
lørdag, oktober 01, 2005
I also bought a new wireless PCI-card for my "main computer". I have used a 3Com wireless USB adapter (hey, doesn't that sound cool: "wireless USB"..) that is utterly complete crap! I have to believe there is a production error on it, or else my repect for 3Com will plumit!
The new card is, as mentioned, a PCI-card made by Linksys. I didn't realize they were a sub-division of Cisco untill today. Well, it rocks and after some minor trouble it seems to be stable with powerfull signal. Me like!
Overall I have been a big 3Com fan, but I have had so much trouble with their OfficeConnect products I don't know what to think.. Actually I just discovered an old MSPaint.Net drawing I did a while back, so you can imagine I have had 3Com-trouble for a while now..
Next project is de-wireing the xbox, and possibly the ps2.
One step closer..
Recently I woke up after a rather heavy bender at my favorite drinking spot and discovered 7 - seven - reciets for albums bought at iTunes Music Store at around 4 am ..
Confirmation box - why did you abandon me?!
The music was Sleater-Kinney and a live album of Rage Against The Machine, so it wasn't that bad after all..
As the past month has consisted mostly of work for my part, I don't really complaign, and I must say it at some points has been my only reason for keeping at it for a couple of more hours on late night programming sessions at work.
onsdag, september 28, 2005
Tone and I decided to enter an advert (picture on its way) in the local paper. It read something like this: "20 'units' of firewood and 15 (some kind of) birds for free if you pick it up yourself. Call ... any time of day." I have to add that firewood is a pretty popular commodity here in Norway as winter is closing in.
He was reluctant in admitting that he had got any calls, but by lunch it turned out:
- He had got a 3-digit number of calls and messages.
- Some of the messages left no doubt that the interest was pretty high!
- The first batch of calls startet at 6AM!
- Rasmus had been at work till 12PM the night before.
- He switched his cellphone off and, of course, overslept because he uses it as an alarmclock.
- By the end of the day the phone was pretty much out of power eventhough he stopped answering it..
He did get his revenge though; he told us that he had instructed a bunch of the callers to show up at my place and at Tones place after work! He managed to convince me to drive with him to my place after work "to observe at a distance". At this time my greatest concern was my neighbours firewood supply at the other end of the house :-O. As we got closer he did not stop, but drove straight by a car parked outside my house (that I have never seen there before) and as he stoped and started rolling down his window he told me it was all a joke! :-D
He got me good, I must admit, but that didn't stop us from keeping up the joke with Tone who was in Trondheim at the time :-) It turned out she had called home to warn her husband and the people that rents a flat under their house (who had just bought a load of firewood!).
All-in-all a pretty good prank, and today people have continued calling for the firewood...
iTunes Agent enables many non-iPod MP3 players to be used with iTunes. The project enables you to synchronize your MP3 player with an iTunes playlist automatically, or with two small mouse-clicks.
Looks cool, and I can't begin to describe how jealous I am of him having time to work on side-projects - it's been too long :-(
tirsdag, september 27, 2005
Anywho, I haven't decided yet if this will be a strict professional blog or a personal one - probably something in-between.
As for audience, this is mostly a relief for countless scriblings on napkins, tv-guides, my coffee table, but maybe you'll find something funny here or even something usefull about programming etc.
Welcome, and please wipe your shoes!