Here's the lineup for the launch of Xbox 360:
I've picked out a few items I think look good:
- "Saint's Row" (THQ Inc.). Under threat from rival gangs and corrupt officials, the 3rd Street Saints must conquer the city of Stilwater or face destruction. From the spectacular opening battle to regain control of the local hood, "Saint's Row" offers an unparallel level of freedom to explore this living, breathing city. Players are free to engage in the multitude of different activates at their leisure, all while building up respect in a gameplay-rich world. Build enough respect and the 3rd Street Saint's lieutenants will trust the player with more dangerous missions.Mass Effect Crackdown
- "Gears of War" (MGS-Epic Games Inc.). Blending the best of tactical action games with the best of survival horror titles, "Gears of War" is the first game developed by Epic Games exclusively for Microsoft Game Studios and Xbox 360. "Gears of War" thrusts gamers into a deep and harrowing story of humankind's epic battle for survival against the Locust Horde, a nightmarish race of creatures that surface from the bowels of the planet.
- "Mass Effect" (MGS-BioWare Corp.). Set 200 years in the future in an epic universe, "Mass Effect" places gamers in a vast galactic community in danger of being conquered by a legendary agent gone rogue. A spectacular new vision from legendary developers BioWare, "Mass Effect" challenges players to lead a squad of freedom fighters as they struggle against threatening armies to restore peace in the land. "Mass Effect" is the first in a trilogy of games with an overarching story, where the real conflict between organic beings and artificial intelligence comes to life in startling clarity.
- "Crackdown" (MGS-Real Time Worlds). "Crackdown" pushes the action-driving hybrid genre into the next generation with the introduction of the first truly 3-D persistent playground, highly innovative cooperative gameplay, and an extensive prop interaction system all while taking place in a massive and highly stylized urban center. All strategies and tactics are acceptable provided players clean up the streets. Players roam a virtual city built to encourage and allow the full width, depth and height of the space to be explored and exploited. "Crackdown" will offer free-form gameplay, over-the-top action, and, for the first time in this genre, online cooperative play.
- "Castle Wolfenstein" (id Software). id Software's newest chapter in the legendary "Wolfenstein" series will deliver players deep behind the enemy lines of a war-torn Germany, where Nazi experiments with technology and the supernatural threaten to turn the tide of World War II. Utilizing a revolutionary new graphics technology targeted specifically at next-generation hardware, this new "Wolfenstein" experience will draw players into a world of unmatched exploration, action and espionage.
- "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4" (Ubisoft Entertainment). "Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell 4" will thrust players into a new breed of gameplay that promises to innovate and revolutionize the "Splinter Cell" franchise. Ubisoft is taking the saga of Sam Fisher into entirely new territory, expanding the story and depth of his character.
- "Quake 4" (Activision, id Software and Raven Software Corp.) is the sequel to the award-winning and historic "Quake II." In a war for Earth's survival, against an unrelenting enemy, the only way to defeat them is to become one of them. Built on id Software's revolutionary "Doom 3" technology, "Quake 4" also features fast- paced multiplayer competition modeled after the speed, feel and style of "Quake III Arena."